Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Girl, You AIN'T no Carrie!

As I sit here contemplating the right words for blog #4 I somewhat feel like Carrie Bradshaw. With less glamour, less money, and a whole lot more cushion. And by cushion - I mean fat.


I should be sitting somewhere with a laptop in sweatpants, sequin top, and hooker heels.. Instead I'm sitting at my desk at work on my lunch break looking at all the un-fun things I have to do today and listening the incessant talking of the office "hall monitor". You know - the one person who thinks it's her business to know everyone else's business and make sure no one is getting away with anything, all the while complaining that she has soooo much work to do. Some days I really wanna go Bon Qui Qui and threaten to cut her - but I don't. Tuning out skills = engaged.


My voicemail light is on - no doubt it's some fool who I won't be calling back. A salesperson acting like they are my best friend, a disqualified applicant who stalks us, or maybe even the MOM of a disqualified applicant who thinks she needs to explain to me what a good boy her sissy child  man-son  is. *GAG*


Then I think - who the H am I kidding? I don't wear sweats and typing on a lap top is a total pain in my arse. I like coming to the office most days and typing on my big, ugly, dirty looking, 10 year old key board...and when I get bored I just walk into the office of Beans next door and do a Michael Jackson crotch grab dance. Or change someone's auto correct to make the word "and" automatically change to "fart knocker." Now THAT makes for an entertaining day when that person sends an email without reading it first!


I don't need to be Carrie-ish. I like being Me-ish even though my "Mr. Big" thinks me-ish is quite nerdy most of the time. Oh well.  I'm happy right where I am.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment